MAcc/MBT for Current USC Students
ATTENTION!!! - This page and all documents linked within are obsolete! Please visit the current Master of Accounting and Master of Accounting Admissions areas for up to date information and forms.
How is the application process different for USC undergrad students?
Why Should I Consider This Option?
· All USC majors welcome
· Earn a master's degree while completing undergrad requirements
· Complete 2 degrees in 5 years or fewer
· We'll accept strong SAT scores in lieu of the GMAT. If you never took the SAT, then you must take the GMAT
· May qualify to continue to receive undergrad financial aid
· No work experience required
· Complete 150 units to sit for CPA Exam
· Career guidance & assistance for graduating students
What Makes A Strong Candidate?
· Our average admitted GPA is 3.5
· Strong communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Must apply after completing 70 units
· Non-Accounting majors: successful completion of at least one accounting course required before admission
· Accounting majors: must have completed ACCT 370
How Do I Apply?Complete the application, attach the following documents, and submit in one packet to
Accounting Building 101, Attn: Progressive Degree Application
We accept applications from October 1st through March 31st
(international students must make January 10th deadline)
Application (application pdf)
2 Recommendation Letters (recommendation form - pdf) / (recommendation form - excel)
Be sure to include both letters in your packet. Use the Excel doc if your recommender prefers to type & print.
Both recommendation letters should be from USC faculty members.
Essay (two double-spaced pgs max)
- What is your motivation to study for a MAcc/MBT degree?
Describe how you believe a MAcc/MBT degree fits with your future career objectives.
- Optional scholarship essay (see application)
Course Plan (see your undergrad advisor)
STARS Report (print from OASIS)
Unofficial score report (SAT or GMAT)
Unofficial TOEFL score (required for all international students)
What Happens Next?
· After complete application is received, we will contact you for an appointment to discuss your background and interest in our programs
· Decision will be made after complete application is reviewed