USC Subscription-Based Online Resources
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Go to the section on Argentina and browse the following:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries.
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends.
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in Mexico.
- ISI Emerging Markets
Includes Argentina, and is a good source of country, industry, business and news information. Some of the information is written in Portugese.
- Global Market Information Database
Text Search "Argentina" to find statistics and market reports on consumer goods or find "Consumer Lifestyle Reports" under the 'Consumers' tab.
Select Globus/NTDB for international information. STAT-USA compiles information that is produced by the U.S. Government. Much of this information is freely available elsewhere; see "Export.gov" below.
Find analyst reports on specific companies or broad industries. "Keyword" search "Agentina" to retrieve country-specific reports.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S. that can be sorted by trading partner.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
- Global Road Warrior
Contains basic country profiles and cultural and business etiquette information.
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook has general information.
- Background Note: Argentina: prepared by the U.S. State Department.
- BBC Country Profiles: Argentina
- Economist Country Briefing: Argentina
- World Bank: Argentina
- World Bank Enterprise Survey: Argentina (2006)
- Inter-American Development Bank: Argentina
- International Monetary Fund: Argentina
- Global Competitiveness Report: Argentina: issued by the World Economic Forum
- Index of Economic Freedom: Argentina: issued by the Heritage Foundation
- Federation of International Trade Associations: Argentina
- Executive Planet: Business Etiquette and Culture in U.S. Top Trading Partner Nations: Argentina
- Argentina International Business Report, 2007: issued by Grant Thorton
- Argentina Risk Report: issued by Corporate Risk International in 2006
- Doing Business, 2010: country profile for Argentina: published by the World Bank
- Doing Business in Argentina, 2009: issued by PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Governments on the WWW: Argentina
- Argentina Economic Outlook (CEI, 2007)
- Argentina: Trade at a Glance (2008)
- Argentina Trade Review (2007)
- Latin American Trade Forecast: Latin America Trade & Transportation Study
Free access to four major sources of information produced by the U.S government. Select "Market research reports" and then "Argentina" for a comprehensive list of available information.
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): Prepared annually by U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs): In-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insight (IMIs): Brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: International trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "ARGENTINA AND BUSINESS" or "ARGENTINA AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. You can also find full-text books online through eBrary.
- Global Business Etiquette (Business Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
- Global Etiquette to Mexico and Latin America (Business Reference BJ1838 .F676 2002) Argentina: pg. 162+
- Exporters' Encyclopedia (Business Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
- Doing Business in Emerging Markets (Business Reference HD62.4 .C387 2002)
Search for articles written about business in Argentina in ABI/Inform, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "ARGENTINA INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "ARGENTINA [specific industry here]" or "ARGENTINA AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription-based resources.
Search for articles written about business in these locally published Argentinean publications:
- INDEC/National Institute of Statistics and Censuses
- Statistical Yearbook of the Argentine Republic
- World Bank's Data and Statistics section
- Argentina Government (in Spanish)
- Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Commerce (in Spanish)
- Ministry of Economy (in Spanish)
- Central Bank of Argentina
- Embassy of Argentina (Washington, D.C.)
- Consulate General of Argentina (Los Angeles, CA)
- Background Notes: Argentina
- Governments on the WWW: Argentina
- BCBA: Buenos Aires Stock Exchange
- Fundacion Invertir Argentina
- Argentina Chamber of Commerce
- American Chamber of Commerce in Argentina
- Association of Importers & Exporters of Argentina (in Spanish)
- Inter-American Development Bank
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC) from the University of Texas at Austin covers Brazil
Need More Help?
- Try more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
- Visit Crocker Library (HOH 201) between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Email the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.