USC Subscription-Based Online Resources
These database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity:
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on "Enterprise Client Access" to launch the database, then click on China in the country menu to retrieve these reports:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries (published monthly).
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends (published annually).
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in China (published annually).
- ISI Emerging Markets includes China, and is a good source of country, industry, business, macroeconomic and news information. Note: Some of the information is written in Chinese and requires a special character set on your computer.
- Global Market Information Database
Click on "Countries" to begin searching for specific indicators. Under "Consumers" find "Consumer Lifestyle Reports" by country.
- China Data Online
Contains statistical and macroeconomic data on national, provincial, and city levels.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
- Global Road Warrior
Contains basic country profiles and cultural and business etiquette information.
Find market research reports on a number of commodities.
Generally Available Online Resources
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "CHINA AND BUSINESS" or "CHINA AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. You can also find full-text books online through eBrary.
Business Insights: China: practical advice on entry strategy and engagement (Reference HG5784 .B87 2008)
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
An American's Guide to Doing Business in China (Reference HD2910 .S39 2007)
Global Business Practices: adapting for success (Reference HD58.7 S3477 2006) Chapter 9: China and Oversees Chinese
China Business Culture: strategies for success (Reference HD58.7 .W36 2005)
China Business Guide (Reference HF1604 .C4428 2004)
Doing Business in China (Reference HC427 .A593 2000)
Business Guide to Modern China (Reference HF3836.5 A47 1997)
Passport China (Reference HD58.7 .L497 1996)
The Business Guide to China (Reference HG5782 .B73 1996)
Doing Business in Asia's Booming "China Triangle" (Reference 3836.5 E53 1994)
Global Business Etiquette (Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
Cross-Cultural Business Behavior (Reference HF5389 .G47 2002x)
Global Business Practices (Reference HD58.7 S3477 2006)
Doing Business in Emerging Markets (Reference HD62.4 .C387 2002)
Search for articles written about business in China in ProQuest, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "CHINA AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "CHINA AND [industry name]" or "CHINA AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription-based resources; these links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity).
You can also search these locally published newspapers and magazines for business information in China:
Need More Help?