USC Subscription-Based Online Resources
Note: Entries marked as "USC restricted" can only be accessed through USC network connections. This is automatic if you are on campus.
Click here for information on connecting from off-campus.
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on the "Enterprise Client Access" link and then select India from the country menu, and browse the following:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some core industries.
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends.
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in India.
- ISI Emerging Markets
Click on "India" from the regional menu to find country, industry, company, business news, and macroeconomic data. USC restricted.
- Global Market Information Database
Contains detailed research on consumer markets and commodities in India. "Text Search" "India" to browse statistics and market research reports. USC restricted.
- STAT-USA / Globus
Select Globus/NTDB for international information. STAT-USA compiles information that is produced by the U.S. government. Much of this information is freely available elsewhere; see "Export.gov" below.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
- Mint Global
Search "India" in the Market Research module to find various industry reports.
Find market research reports on a number of commodities. USC restricted.
- Global Road Warrior
Contains basic country profiles and cultural and business etiquette information.
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook has general information.
- Country Studies Area Handbook: prepared for U.S. military and foreign service personnel, these offer a brief history of a country, describe its culture and survey the country's economic and political environment. These are book-length reports that can be retrieved a section at a time.
- BBC Country Profile: India
- Economist Country Briefings: India
- Background Note: India: issued by the U.S. Department of State
- International Monetary Fund: India
- World Bank: India
- World Bank Enterprise Survey: India (2006)
- Global Competitiveness Report: India
- India Fact Sheet, 2009: Asian Development Bank
- Asian Development Outlook, 2008: India profile: Asian Development Bank report
- Index of Economic Freedom: India: issued by the Heritage Foundation
- India Risk Analysis Report, 2005: issued by Global Finance
- Ten Things for India to Achieve its 2050 Potential: a 2008 Goldman Sachs report
- Innovate India: a 2007 Confederation of Indian Industry report
- India's New Opportunity, 2020
- India Vision 2020: a 2002 report from the Indian Planning Commission
- India's Urban Awakening: a McKinsey Global Institute report published in April 2010
- Doing Business, 2010 country profile for India: a World Bank report
- Doing Business In ... India: a HLB report
- Doing Business in India: Ernst & Young, 2010
- India-U.S. Economic and Trade Relations: a 2007 report to Congress
- India: Trade-at-a-Glance: World Bank, 2009
- BRICs and Beyond: published by Goldman Sachs (India content on pg. 9+)
- BRIC Markets: published by Standard & Poor's in June 2007
Free access to four major sources of information produced by the U.S. government:
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): Prepared annually by U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs): In-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insight (IMIs): Brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: International trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
- Executive Planet: Business Etiquette and Culture in U.S. Top Trading Partner Nations (India)
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "INDIA and BUSINESS" or "INDIA and CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. You can also find full-text books online through eBrary.
- Passport India (Reference HD58.7 .J655 1997)
- Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
- Business Opportunities in India (Reference H435.2 .B87 1996)
- Global Business Etiquette (Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
- Global Business Practices (Reference HD58.7 S3477 2006)
- Cross-Cultural Business Behavior (Reference HF5389 .G47 2002x)
- Global Etiquette Guide to Asia (Reference BJ1838 .F67 2000)
- Doing Business In Emerging Markets (Reference HD62.4 .C387 2002)
Search for articles written about business in India in ProQuest, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "INDIA AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "INDIA and [specific industry here]" or "INDIA AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription-based resources.
Search for articles written about business in these locally published Indian publications:
- NewspapersOnline: India
- India's Financial Express
- India Business Standard
- India Busines World
- Times of India
- Government of India Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Census of India
- World Bank's Data and Statistics section
- India Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- India Ministry of Commerce and Industry Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- India Ministry of External Affairs
- Government of India Ministry of Finance
- Census of India
- Consultate General of India in San Francisco
- Embassy of India, Washington, D.C.
- National Portal of India
- Governments on the WWW: India
- Reserve Bank of India
- Bombay Stock Exchange
- India Trade Promotion Organisation
- U.S. India Business Council
- India Brand Equity Foundation
- U.S.-ASEAN Business Council
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
- Indian Chamber of Commerce
- USA-India Chamber of Commerce
- American Chamber of Commerce in India
- Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations
- National Productivity Council
Need More Help?
- Try more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
- Visit Crocker Library (HOH 201) between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Email the library staff at email@example.com.