USC Subscription-Based Online Resources
These database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity.
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on whichever report you need, then click on Russia in the country menu to retrieve these reports:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries (published monthly).
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends (published annually).
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in Russia (published annually).
- ISI Emerging Markets includes Russia, and is a good source of country, industry, business, macroeconomic and news information. Note: Some of the information is written in Russian and may require a special character set on your computer.
- Global Market Information Database
Click on 'Countries' to begin searching for specific indicators. Under 'Consumers' find "Consumer Lifestyle Reports" by country.
Title search "Russia economics" to retrieve current analyst reports.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
Find market research reports on a number of commodities.
- Global Road Warrior
Find basic country profiles and cultural and business etiquette information.
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook has general information.
- Country Studies Area Handbook: Prepared for U.S. military and foreign service personnel, these offer a brief history of a country, describe its culture and survey the country's economic and political environment. These are book-length reports that can be retrieved a section at a time.
- Background Note: Russia: issued by the U.S. State Department
- BBC Country Profiles: Russia
- Economist Country Briefings: Russia
- International Monetary Fund: Russian Federation
- World Bank: Russian Federation
- Index of Economic Freedom: Russia: compiled by the Heritage Foundation
- Global Competitiveness Report: Russian Federation
- Worldwide Governance Indicators, 1996-2009: Russia: issued by World Bank Governance Matters
- Russia Trade Summary: issued by the United States Trade Representative
- BOFIT Forecast for Russia, 2008-2010: issued by the Bank of Finland
- Russia, a promising and exciting business environment: issued by ABN AMRO
- Russia Business Outlook, 2009-10: issued by Ernst & Young
- Russia in the Financial Crisis and Beyond: a 2009 Deutsche Bank Research report
- Doing Business in the Russian Federation, 2010: published by the World Bank
- Doing Business in Russia: published by KPMG in 2008
- BRICs Nifty 50: a 2009 report by Goldman Sachs
- BRICs and Beyond: published by Goldman Sachs (Russia content on pg. 27+)
- Building Business with BRICs: published by Datamonitor
- BRIC Markets: published by Standard & Poor's in June 2007
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): prepared annually by the U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs) in-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insights (IMIs) brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: international trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
- Executive Planet: Business Etiquette and Culture in U.S. Top Trading Partner Nations: Russia
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "RUSSIA AND BUSINESS" or "RUSSIA AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well (RUSSIAN FEDERATION). Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. You can also find full-text books online through eBrary.
Passport Russia (Reference HD58.7 M564 1998)
Global Business Practices: adapting for success (Reference HD58.7 .S3477 2006)
Global Etiquette Guide to Europe (Reference BJ1838 .F673 2000)
Cross-Cultural Business Behavior (Reference HF5389 .G47 2002x)
Doing Business in Emerging Markets (Reference HD62.4 C387 2002)
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
Search for articles written about business or industry in Russia in ProQuest, Factiva, and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "RUSSIA AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" and "RUSSIA AND [your industry here]" or "RUSSIA AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription-based resources and these database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity.
Your can also search these locally published newspapers and magazines for business information in Russia:
- Online Newspapers: Russia
- Russia Journal
- Russia Today
- Russian-American Business
- Moscow Times
- Federal State Statistics Service
- Russian Federation: compiled by the World Bank
- Russian Federation: compiled by OECD Stat Extracts
- Government of the Russian Federation
- Ministry for Economic Development (in Russian)
- Ministry of Finance
- Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation
- Federal Customs Service
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Governments on the WWW: Russian Federation
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in Washington, D.C.
- Consulate General of Russia in San Francisco
- Moscow City Government
- Central Bank of the Russian Federation
- U.S.-Russia Business Council
- Coalition for U.S.-Russia Trade
- Foundation for Russian American Economic Cooperation
- Russian American Pacific Partnership (sponsored by FRAEC)
- Russian Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Russian-American Chamber of Commerce
- American Chamber of Commerce in Russia
- EU-RussiaCentre.org: documents the status of the European Union and Russia
- Russian Trading System Stock Exchange
- Sector & Company Stock Search (sponsored by FINAM)
- Moscow Stock Exchange
- RusMarket Business Directory
- Grand Encyclopaedia of Russian Goods & Services Producers
- Expocentre: portal to international exhibitions and conventions in Moscow
- Way to Russia: business guide to Russia
- Small Business in Russia: a portal promoting entrepreneurship
- Russian Federation Accession to the WTO: a project of European-Russia Cooperation Programme
- Search more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
- Visit Crocker Business Library (HOH 201) between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Email the library staff at email@example.com.