USC Subscription-Based Online Resources
These database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity):
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on "Enterprise Client Access" to launch the database, then click on South Korea in the country menu to retrieve these reports:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries (published monthly).
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends (published annually).
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in South Korea (published annually).
- ISI Emerging Markets includes South Korea, and is a good source of country, industry, business, macroeconomic and news information.
- Global Market Information Database
Click on "Countries" to begin searching for specific indicators. Under "Consumers" find "Consumer Lifestyle Reports" by country (South Korea).
Find analyst reports on companies and industries, or risk analysis on countries.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
Find market research reports on a number of commodities (keyword search South Korea).
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook has general information
- Background Note: South Korea: issued by the U.S. State Department
- U.S. Commercial Service: Korea
- BBC Country Profiles: South Korea
- Economist Country Briefing: South Korea
- International Monetary Fund: Republic of Korea
- World Bank: Republic of Korea
- OECD: Korea
- Republic of Korea: Asian Development Bank profile
- Index of Economic Freedom: South Korea: issued by the Heritage Foundation
- Global Competitiveness Report: Republic of Korea
- South Korea Newsletter (Sept. 2010): Deutsche Bank analysis
- South Korea's Export Competitiveness: a 2010 Bank of Tokyo overview
- Doing Business in Korea, Republic, 2010: issued by the World Bank
- Asia Pacific Economic Outlook: a 2010 Deloitte overview which includes South Korea
Doing Business in South Korea: a 2008 PKF report
South Korea's Competitive Edge: a 2003 report
Free access to four major sources of information produced by the U.S government:
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): Prepared annually by U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs): In-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insight (IMIs): Brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: International trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
- Executive Planet: Business Etiquette and Culture in U.S. Top Trading Partner Nations (South Korea)
- South Korea: language, culture, customs and etiquette
- Negotiating International Business - South Korea: book chapter published by Lothar Katz (2008)
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "KOREA or SOUTH KOREA AND BUSINESS" or "KOREA or SOUTH KOREA AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. You can also find full-text books online through eBrary.
Korea Company Yearbook (Reference HF3830.5 A48B87 2002/03)
Korean Business Etiquette (Reference HF5389 .D453 2004)
Doing Business in Emerging Markets (Reference HD 62.4 .C387 2002)
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
Global Etiquette Guide to Asia (Reference BJ 1838 .F67 2000) South Korea: pg. 82+
Global Business Etiquette (Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
Consumer Asia, 2005 (Reference HF5415.33 .A78C66 2005)
Search for articles written about business in Korea, South Korea, or Republic of Korea in ProQuest, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "KOREA AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "KOREA AND [specific industry here]" or "KOREA AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription-based resources; these database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity.
You can also search these locally published newspapers and magazines for business information in South Korea:
- Korea.net (in English)
- Ministry of Strategy & Finance
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Korea Trade Commission
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy
- Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in San Francisco
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the USA
- Governments on the WWW: Korea (Republic)
- U.S.-Korea Business Council
- Korea Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- American Chamber of Commerce in Korea
- ASEAN-Korea Centre
- Korea Development Institute
- KRX: Korea Stock Exchange
- Bank of Korea
- Korea Economic Institute
- Samsung Economic Research Institute
- KITA: Korea International Trade Association
- Small & Medium Business Corporation: gateway to Korean SMEs
BuyKorea: a portal to business resources
- Try more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
- Visit Crocker Library (HOH 201) between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Email the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
| back to top |