USC Subscription-Based Online Resources
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on "Enterprise Client Access" to launch the database, then click on Taiwan in the country menu to retrieve these reports:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries.
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends.
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in Taiwan.
- ISI Emerging Markets includes Taiwan, and is a good source of country, industry, business, macroeconomic and news information. Note: Some of the information is written in Chinese and requires a special character set on your computer.
- Global Market Information Database
Click on "Countries" to begin searching for specific indicators. Under "Consumers" find "Consumer Lifestyle Reports" by country.
Select Globus/NTDB for international information. STAT-USA compiles information that is produced by the U.S. government. Much of this information is freely available elsewhere; see "Export.gov" below.
Find analyst reports covering all industries in Taiwan.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
Find market research reports on a number of commodities (keyword search Taiwan).
- Global Road Warrior
Contains basic country profiles and cultural and business etiquette information.
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook has general information.
- Country Studies Area Handbook: Prepared for U.S. military and foreign service personnel, these offer a brief history of a country, describe its culture and survey the country's economic and political environment. These are book-length reports that can be retrieved a section at a time.
- Background Note: Taiwan: issued by the U.S. State Department
- BBC Country Profiles: Taiwan
- Economist Country Briefing: Taiwan
- Index of Economic Freedom: Taiwan: issued by the Heritage Foundation
- Taiwan, China Trade-at-a-Glance: World Bank, April 2008
- U.S-Taiwan Trade Facts: fro the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Global Competitiveness Report: Taiwan: ranked by the World Economic Forum
- Country Data Report: Taiwan, 1996-2006: issued by the World Bank Institute Governance Matters
- Taiwan's Economic Situation & Outlook: a 2009 report from the Council for Economic Planning & Development
- Doing Business in Taiwan, China 2010: from the World Bank
- Doing Business in Taiwan: rankings from the World Bank
- Taiwan Global Comparison: Leadership Forecast, 2005-2006
- AMB Country Risk Report: Taiwan, 2009
- Export.gov allows free access to four major sources of information produced by the U.S. government:
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): Prepared annually by U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs): In-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insight (IMIs): Brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: International trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
- Executive Planet: Business Etiquette and Culture in U.S. Top Trading Partner Nations (Taiwan)
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "TAIWAN AND BUSINESS" or "TAIWAN AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. You can also find full-text books online through eBrary.
Passport Taiwan (Reference HD58.7 .C847 1998)
Global Etiquette Guide to Asia (Reference BJ1838 .F67 2000)
Global Business Etiquette (Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
Consumer Asia, 2005 (Reference HF5415.33 A78C66 2005)
Search for articles written about business in Taiwan in ProQuest, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis. Some possible topics are "TAIWAN AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "TAIWAN AND [specific industry here]" or "TAIWAN AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription-based resources.
You can also search these locally published newspapers and magazines for business information in Taiwan:
- Taiwan Government Information Office (in English)
- Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China
- Ministry of Finance: R.O.C.-Taiwan
- Fair Trade Commission: R.O.C.-Taiwan
- Consulate General of the People's Republic of China: Taiwan (San Francisco)
- China Data Online
- Council for Economic Planning and Development
- U.S-Taiwan Business Council
- American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei
- Taiwanese-American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Los Angeles
- Taiwan Chamber of Commerce
- Taiwan External Trade Development Council
- Overseas Compatriot Affairs Commission: R.O.C.-Taiwan
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
- Taiwan Stock Exchange
- Try more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
- Visit the Crocker Library (HOH 201) between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Email the library staff at email@example.com.
|Country Data | Articles | Statistics | Government Information | Taiwan Sites | Help|
| back to top |