USC Subscription-Based Resources
These database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity:
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on the "Enterprise Client Access" link to launch the search module, then highlight Thailand in the country menu to browse the following:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries (published monthly).
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends (published annually).
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in Thailand (published annually).
- ISI Emerging Markets
Includes Thailand, and is a good source of country, industry, business and news information.
- Global Market Information Database
Focuses on other countries but has some information. Try a keyword search for Thai or Thailand.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S. that can be sorted by trading partner.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook
The CIA compiles information on countries around the world into convenient summaries of population, religious affiliations, demographic details and historic events. Also includes images of national flags and political maps.
- Country Studies Area Handbook
Prepared for U.S. military and foreign service personnel, these offer a brief history of a country, describe its culture and survey the country's economic and political environment. These are book-length reports which can be retrieved a section at a time.
- Background Note: Thailand: issued by the U.S. Department of State
- International Monetary Fund: Thailand
- BBC Country Profile: Thailand
- Economist Country Briefing: Thailand
- World Bank: Thailand
- World Bank Enterprise Survey: Thailand (2006)
- International Monetary Fund: Thailand
- Global Competitiveness Report: Thailand: indexed by the World Economic Forum
- Doing Business in Thailand, 2010: published by the World Bank
- Doing Business in Thailand: a 2007 Lex Mundi report
- Federation of International Trade Associations: Thailand
- How Has Asia Fared in the Global Crisis?: a 2009 Asian Development Bank working paper
- Thailand Economic Monitor: a World Bank report published December 2008
- Thailand Economic Overview: Asian Development Bank (2007)
- Thailand: Trade At-A-Glance: World Bank (2009/10)
- Thailand and the WTO
- Executive Planet: Business Etiquette and Culture in U.S. Top Trading Partner Nations (Thailand)
- Economic Index of Freedom: Thailand: issued by the Heritage Foundation.
Free access to four major sources of information produced by the U.S Government. Select "Market research reports" and then "Thailand" for a comprehensive list of available information.
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): Prepared annually by U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs): In-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insight (IMIs): Brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: International trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "THAILAND AND BUSINESS" or "THAILAND AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. Search eBrary to find full-text books online (USC network connection required).
- Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Business Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
Passport Thailand (Business Reference HD58.7 .W57 1996)
Business Prospects in Thailand (Business Reference HC445 .H34 1996)
Global Business Etiquette (Business Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
Search for articles written about business in Thailand in ABI/Inform/ProQuest, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "THAILAND AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "THAILAND AND [industry name]" or "THAILAND AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription resources.
Search for articles written about business in these locally published Thailand publications:
- Royal Thai Government
- Royal Thail Embassy, Washington D.C.
- Royal Thai Consulate-General Los Angeles
- Governments on the WWW: Thailand
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand
- Thailand Fiscal Policy Office
- Ministry of Energy, Dept. of Alternative Energy Development & Efficiency
- Bank of Thailand
- Export-Import Bank of Thailand
- Stock Exchange of Thailand
- National Innovation Agency
- Thai Chamber of Commerce
- American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- Thailand Board of Investment publishes the monthly Thailand Investment Review
- Thailand Institute of Small and Medium Enterprises Development
- U.S.-Thailand Business Council
- U.S.-ASEAN Business Council
- Federation of Thai Industries
- Asian Development Bank
- Thailand Science Park
Try more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
Visit Crocker Library (HOH 201) between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday - Friday.
Email the library staff at email@example.com.