Socialist Republic of Vietnam
USC Subscription-Based Resources
These database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity.
- The EIU produces objective and timely analysis and forecasts of the political, economic and business environment in more than 180 countries. Click on the "Enterprise Client Access" link to launch the search module, then highlight Vietnam in the country menu to browse the following:
- "Country Report" covers the economy, the economic outlook, political scene, economic policy and some specific industries (published monthly).
- "Country Profile" provides analysis of historical, political, infrastructure and economic trends (published annually).
- "Country Commerce" covers permits, licenses, foreign investment and other information for foreign companies doing business in Vietnam (published annually).
- ISI Emerging Markets
Includes Vietnam, and is a good source of country, industry, business and news information.
- Global Market Information Database
Keyword search "Vietnam" to find data on consumer commodities.
- USA Trade Online
Import and export information for the U.S. that can be sorted by trading partner.
- World Marketing Data and Statistics
Detailed demographics, market sizes and information on consumer goods.
- Global Road Warrior
Contains basic country profiles and bultural and business etiquette information.
Generally Available Online Resources
- CIA World Factbook
The CIA compiles information on countries around the world into convenient summaries of population, religious affiliations, demographic details and historic events. Also includes images of national flags and political maps.
- Country Studies Area Handbook
Prepared for U.S. military and foreign service personnel, these offer a brief history of a country, describe its culture and survey the country's economic and political environment. These are book-length reports which can be retrieved a section at a time.
- Background Note: Vietnam: issued by the U.S. Department of State
- International Monetary Fund: Vietnam
- BBC Country Profile: Vietnam
- Economic Country Briefing: Vietnam
- World Bank: Vietnam
- World Bank Enterprise Survey: Vietnam (2005)
- Socialist Republic of Viet Nam: Asian Development Bank profile
- Federation of International Trade Associations: Vietnam
- Global Competitiveness Report: Vietnam: indexed by the World Economic Forum
- Vietnam Business Forum: a 2009 IFC and World Bank Report
- Vietnam: a BusinessMonitor Q3 2009 report
- Vietnam Business Update: 2010 analysis from Golden Temple Capital Management
- Country Risk Analysis: Vietnam: a 2006 report issued by Global Finance
- Index of Economic Freedom: Vietnam: compiled by the Heritage Foundation
- Understanding Vietnam: a 2007 Deutsche Bank Research report
- Vietnam: Open for Investment: a 2007 KPMG report
- Five-Year Socio-Economic Development Plan, 2006-2010: 2006 Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment report
- Informality and the Playing Field in Vietnam's Business Sector: a 2003 full-text book published by the International Financial Corporation
- Vietnam Trade-at-a-Glance: World Bank, 2009/10
- Doing Business, 2010: Vietnam: published by the World Bank
- Doing Business in Vietnam: a 2008 UHY report
- Doing Business in Vietnam: a 2005 U.S. Dept. of Commerce Country Commercial Guide
- Trade & Investment Policies for Competitiveness - the Vietnam Experience: a 2010 UNESCAP paper
- Vietnam Discovers the Consumer Society: a 2010 McKinsey Quarterly article
- Vietnam: How to Market Your Products/Services: a U.S. Dept. of Commerce Commercial Service Guide
- Vietnam 2009: a TNS marketing PPT
Free access to four major sources of information produced by the U.S Government. Select "Market research reports" and then "Vietnam" for a comprehensive list of available information.
- Country Commercial Guides (CCGs): Prepared annually by U.S. embassy staff, CCGs contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business and foreign investments.
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISAs): In-depth analysis of specific industry sectors and subsectors within a given market.
- International Market Insight (IMIs): Brief updates within a foreign country highlighting specific market opportunities, trade events, or changes in market conditions.
- Multilateral Development Bank Reports: International trade opportunities and financing information through the various multilateral development banks throughout the world.
The USC Libraries
Search HOMER for "VIETNAM AND BUSINESS" or "VIETNAM AND CULTURE" to locate books on these topics. Try other search terms as well. Note: If a book is checked out, it can take up to two weeks to recall. Search eBrary to find full-text books online.
- Passport Vietnam (Reference HD58.7 .C879 1997)
- Global Etiquette Guide to Asia (Reference BJ1838 .F67 2000) Chapter 8: Southeast Asian Cultures in Indochina (pg. 181)
- Global Business Etiquette (Reference HF5389 .M375 2006)
- Global Competitiveness Report (Reference HF1414 .G5563)
- Exporters' Encyclopaedia (Reference Desk HF3011 .E9)
- Doing Business in Emerging Markets (Reference HD62.4 C387 2002)
Search for articles written about business in Vietnam in ProQuest, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis Academic. Some possible topics are "VIETNAM AND INDUSTRY TRENDS" or "VIETNAM AND [your industry here]" or "VIETNAM AND BUSINESS." Note: These are USC subscription resources and these database links will re-direct you to our proxy-enabled subscription database page to facilitate connectivity.
Search for articles written about business in these locally published Vietnam publications:
- National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in the United States
- Consulate General of VietNam in San Francisco
- Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (in Vietnamese)
- Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Governments on the WWW: Vietnam
- State Bank of Vietnam
- Asian Development Bank: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- HoChiMinh Stock Exchange
- Vietnam Business Forum: sponsored by VCCI
- U.S. Commercial Service in Vietnam
- American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam
- Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce in Orange County
- Business in Asia: Vietnam
- U.S. - Vietnam WTO Coalition
- U.S.-Vietnam Trade Council
- U.S.-ASEAN Business Council
- Vietnam Trade Catalogue: a portal to industry and business information in Vietnam
- U.S. International Trade Commission: Tariff Information Center
- Vietnam Online: portal to tourism, trade and investment
Try more resources on our International Business and Marketing page.
Visit Crocker Library (HOH 201) between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Email the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
| back to top |